RIBA East Midlands Conservation Award

Highfield House, University of Nottingham, Nottingham | Lathams

It was once the home of Jesse Boot who gave it to Nottingham University along with the parkland. The 1797 house became his home as the Boots factories and shops brought him wealth. Highfield House later became the "official" home of the vice-chancellors of the University of Nottingham. Now the restoration and expansion of Highfield House for the growing education faculty has won the university three East Midlands awards from RIBA. 
It won a regional award and conservation award, while the university was named client of the year. 

Judges' comment:
"The project employs a very light touch in the renewal of both the interior and exterior of the main house, to the substantial re-modelling of the historic garage and coach-house buildings, as well as in the restoration of the garden and its walls."

Source: Nottingham Post