Beverley Minster, Yorkshire

Widely regarded as one of the most beautiful Gothic buildings in Europe, Beverley Minster was completed in 1425. The church has been extensively repaired over the years, most notably by Nicholas Hawksmoor in the 18th Century and by Gilbert Scott in the 19th Century. During this more recent project, the major transept roofs were strengthened, and much of the stonework cleaned and repaired. In addition, a series of measuring gauges have been installed to detect movement in the structure, recording data to enable specification of work to help prevent future damage.

The Trustees of the Minister Old Fund

Carden & Godfrey


<< View featured Structures projects