Hoxton Hall, London

Phased restoration and extension of the 1863 Grade II* listed Victorian music hall - the only surviving example of its kind. Constructed in 1863, it was altered to its present form in 1867 but ceased to operate as a music hall in 1871. In 1879 it became a temperance mission and the headquarters of the Blue Ribbon Army. In 1893 the building passed to a Quaker association, who own the building to this day. In 1910 a substantial extension was added, providing additional meeting rooms. Today the building is used as a community arts centre, operated by an independent trust, and the hall itself is used for a range of performance and other events. Heritage Lottery Funding has been obtained for the restoration of the main hall and alterations to improve the facilities and accessibility. 

Completed 2015.

Client
Hoxton Hall Ltd Charity

Architect
Foster Wilson Architects

Value
£2m

<< View featured Structures projects